Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree9Likes
    iMore Intermediate

466 Posts

Default Re: Apple TV: 2 weeks in

Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    Just picked one up on sale. It's much faster than atv3. Siri, you have to get used to. Will pick up a game controller later. And will get Plex or something similar going. Entering passwords and such wasn't as painful as I'd imagined. And I have to hope the kids don't break or lose the remote.

Apps take getting used to as well such as netflix which has changed its UI...not sure for the better or not. Will need time.

On search in general, is there any way to block itunes store stuff? I just want to search the free streaming apps or my itunes library.
    Siri is much better once you learn all the things you can say. I downloaded the tv user guide from the iBookstore and learned quite a few things I hadn't seen other people talking about.

As far as blocking iTunes you mean get try Restrictions. I don't know if that'll work. However,  prioritizes services you already have a subscription to before iTunes content. Of course right now that only works with the major services.
    iMore Newbie

38 Posts
    Global Posts
    255 Global Posts

Target has the 32Gb on sale for $112 and the 64Gb for $149, so 25% off. Just picked up a 64Gb because my local Target was out of 32GB model. This is my first ATV. Haven't gotten home to get it going yet, but will tonight.
    iMore Intermediate

232 Posts
    Global Posts
    235 Global Posts

Have had mine since November 2. Love it! Can't wait until Apple finally announces their channel servies. The Apple TV has so much untapped potential right now. If I can get AMC and my local channels through Apple I will definately ditch Dish Network!
    iMore Intermediate

111 Posts

You know I tend to agree with you. I don't think the worst product ever, but I'm disappointed. Some things I have noticed so far:

Apples own remote app doesn't work

Siri is very limited it doesn't even control music

No dictation in search which sucks since the remote app doesn't work so I have to peck for everything

No podcast app

Still no solution to logging in. You literally have to log in app by app

All these little things make up to user experience. Apple usually pays attention to details like this. Honestly this seems like it was rushed to market before it was ready.
    iMore Newbie

13 Posts

I bought it, then regretted it,..... I may try it again, but for now sticking with Apple TV 3. I have no use for apps on a TV,,, I have an iPad for that. Siri on TV just doesn't work for me neither....... i don't even like talking to an iPhone.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12