- iMore Nanite
- 1 Posts
Apple TV (4th gen) Siri Remote charging via USB-C port
Has anyone tried using the USB-C on the 4th Gen Apple TV to charge their Siri Remote?
I realize that is not what the port is designed for, but I just thought I would ask before buying a USB-C to Lightning cable or USB-C to USB A female adapter.
Update: 11/11 - Picked up a USB-C to Lightning cable. As far as I can tell, charging the Siri Remote via the USB-C port on the Apple TV does not work.
Last edited by joneric; 11-11-2015 at 01:33 PM. Reason: Update
- 11-06-2015, 06:41 PM #2
Re: Apple TV (4th gen) Siri Remote charging via USB-C port
It is my plan to purchase the new TV from a nearby Apple Store sometime tomorrow but I don't plan on charging it via the method you mentioned. Hopefully, someone who does or have tried to will respond soon.
- By LCW in forum Apple TVReplies: 21Last Post: 03-14-2016, 09:14 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Apple TVReplies: 3Last Post: 11-09-2015, 03:19 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Apple TVReplies: 1Last Post: 11-06-2015, 07:15 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 11-06-2015, 03:30 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 11-06-2015, 12:51 PM