Apple TV 4thgen shipping times.

cwaffles

Jun 4, 2015
Visit site
Picked mine up from the Apple Store a couple of hours ago and been playing with it for the past hour or so. I likes it! :) I'll just return the one I ordered from the website earlier this week once it comes in next week.

brettferrell

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I preordered at 9am Monday too, and am not getting that unit until next Monday so I went and got one at my Cincy Apple Store. They were running low on the 32Gb, but seemed to have a least several more 64Gb units...

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I ordered (2) 64GB versions, and it say Nov. 2-4 for a delivery but no shipping yet either. Apple has delivered iphones and other devices on launch day without expedited shipping so what's the deal on this one? I could have gone to my local Apple store had I known it was going to be such a cluster.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I ordered (2) 64GB versions, and it say Nov. 2-4 for a delivery but no shipping yet either. Apple has delivered iphones and other devices on launch day without expedited shipping so what's the deal on this one? I could have gone to my local Apple store had I known it was going to be such a cluster.

I agree. This seemed very odd- it went on sale at a random hour on Monday- the expedited shipping thing was a messed up addition. I woke up today early and ordered another one and picked it up at my local Apple Store. Shouldn't have bothered Monday even ordering.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Mine is showing as shipped with a 10/31 delivery but Fedex tracking still shows "label created"and it's 10:30 PM the night before. Not looking good! Hopefully Fedex is just taking its time updating my status.

RECON1

May 12, 2012
Visit site
Mine is showing as shipped with a 10/31 delivery but Fedex tracking still shows "label created"and it's 10:30 PM the night before. Not looking good! Hopefully Fedex is just taking its time updating my status.

Mine said "picked up" until about 3 hours before it was delivered.

Rob Phillips

Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Perplexing. Not holding my breath for today...
d66d22b3a8a3d2edfd6009437d467871.jpg

c7a2738d665adcffb9c95b9ddcfe8db4.jpg

marcobrien

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
Ordered mine on Thursday & it's being delivered Monday. A lot quicker than their original estimated delivery dates!!

Thank you Apple. Now just release a firmware upgrade to enable 4K support, as we all know the hardware has been built to be capable of playing it.

Can't let cheap little plastic Firesticks & Roku boxes have better specs surely?! Especially due to how much you're selling them for..

gmabev

Jun 4, 2015
Visit site
I ordered mine on Monday although it was a couple hours after went on sale with delivery Nov 4-6. I've been on phone a couple times with Apple regarding my order as my credit card was charged the full amount and then a separate Apple care charge. Usually they split the two when charged. They credited me back the extra charge. Then all charges disappeared from my card. Called them again said just waiting for carrier to pick up. Mine shipping from TN. Said there had been a problem with them being stolen. Didn't know if that's what was holding mine up or not. Anyway just got shipping notification a few minutes ago. Coming Fedex. Kinda bummed since I could have walked into store on Friday. But it's not like it was my watch which actually came to early. I can wait.

Rob Phillips

Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Cant you just tell them to cancel your order and you can go get it at Best Buy or an Apple Store? It would be quicker.

I could but I don't think I'm going to have an opportunity to run to an Apple Store anyway. No big deal. Hopefully it goes out Monday and I get it Tuesday.

wdfly

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
I amazingly ordered mine Monday morning and received it Friday by 10:30. I went in to Best Buy Friday night and picked up the unit for my bedroom. I might pick one up along with a tv and use it as a digital window for my office.

Mike1138

Oct 26, 2015
Visit site
Thank you Apple. Now just release a firmware upgrade to enable 4K support, as we all know the hardware has been built to be capable of playing it.

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that the HDMI port on the new Apple TV is not capable of 4K so it will need a hardware refresh before we get 4K.

zmorin284

Nov 1, 2015
Visit site
I preordered mine within 5 minutes of it becoming available (I kept refreshing the page every couple minutes) and it's still "Preparing for Shipment." I've called Apple a couple of times and none of the people I spoke to can understand why it hasn't shipped yet. One of them gifted me a remote loop for the trouble. The kicker: the loop shipped that evening and will probably arrive before the remote itself. Maybe I'll just wear the loop as an edgy bracelet.

wdfly

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
I preordered mine within 5 minutes of it becoming available (I kept refreshing the page every couple minutes) and it's still "Preparing for Shipment." I've called Apple a couple of times and none of the people I spoke to can understand why it hasn't shipped yet. One of them gifted me a remote loop for the trouble. The kicker: the loop shipped that evening and will probably arrive before the remote itself. Maybe I'll just wear the loop as an edgy bracelet.

Which shipping option did you choose?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73