Apple TV remote not working

JM19

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
Having an issue with one of the Apple TV remotes. We have 3 Apple TVs in the house. One in the master bedroom, one in the kids' room and one in the living room. The problem is with the kids' room Apple TV remote.

The Apple TV would not respond to the remote. It was working fine and all of a sudden it stopped working. I tried unpairing and pairing the remote, restarting the Apple TV, but neither would work. Also tried replacing the battery with a brand new one, but this doesn't do anything.

So I tried another remote from one of the other Apple TVs and it works fine. So the problem is the remote and not the Apple TV.

Don't know what else to try. Did the remote just go bad? This is the newest Apple TV and remote out of the other rooms.

Any suggestions that can help me?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I suppose it did go bad, but I'm only assuming. I mean, you appear to have done everything I would have done to try to get it to work again. It's possible that resetting the TV could fix the issue, but I can't say for certain.

JM19

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
I guess I'll try resetting the Apple TV to see if the makes any difference. I want to say it won't as the Apple TV works fine with any of the other two remotes. But what the heck. Will give it a try.

If that doesn't help, I guess my only other option would be to take it to Apple as it is still under warranty.

JM19

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
Resetting the AppleTV didn't help either. So I will be taking it up with Apple by going to the Apple Store. My question is, do I have to bring the Apple TV and everything else too, such as the power cord and obviously the remote.

As I stated before, the Apple TV is working fine. As I can use the other Apple TV remotes. But I guess they will want to confirm that the Apple TV is OK.

DarlaMack

Apple TV Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
Resetting the AppleTV didn't help either. So I will be taking it up with Apple by going to the Apple Store. My question is, do I have to bring the Apple TV and everything else too, such as the power cord and obviously the remote.

As I stated before, the Apple TV is working fine. As I can use the other Apple TV remotes. But I guess they will want to confirm that the Apple TV is OK.

I personally would bring everything back, especially if that remote came with that unit. Another thing you might want to try as well... check the other working remote and see if it still can access the unit in your kids room. I have 3 myself and what I've found is if 2 units are connected to one remote, it can knock out access to the original remote and it would have to be unpaired in order to pair the correct remote to the correct unit.... lol I hope that made sense.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2