New Apple TV Discussion...

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Yawn...I'm looking at this and I see what they're trying to do, but there's just not anything on it, to me, that draws my real attention in. The OS doesn't look like it has much depth...and they are focused on the apps for TV channels, but tvOS just doesn't really scream "cord cutters pay attention!" at all to me.

To be 100% honest, everything "new" they're showing looks like the stuff my Western Digital TV Live has done for years.

I'm not very impressed with this "new" product that they claim they've spent so much time on.

lfuentesimon

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Here in Spain we'll pray for our TV channels to develop apps for it... at the moment, none of our TV channels has an app for the actual ATV, nor anyone of the available online movie/series providers. Here, ATV3 is only useful for watching Youtube/Dailymotion/"and so on", streaming iTunes content and almost nothing more. Just a PITA, let's hope the new SDK/API will make a difference here. (and, of course, let's pray for them to include the AppStore in the next upgrade for the ATV3 :))

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Surprised the form factor is the same. I don't know have to think about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Surprised the form factor is the same. I don't know have to think about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's not even the same...it's WORSE! It's 10mm BIGGER! lol...I mean the thing has no USB drive support, so all of it's content is purely internalized. In an age where we have things like Amazon's firestick and other USB peripherals, why does the Apple TV need to be that large? It's stuck in the past...features and design...and I'm actually surprised this is what Apple has been working "very hard" on. It seems like something they want to let fade into history, but gave it one last update to send it on it's way.

I mean for god's sake Apple...why the hell can't you connect a damn hard drive to it?

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I will go back to Apple TV as long as there is the Plex and DSVideo Apps available for it :)

That was why I moved away to Roku.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I honestly couldn't care less if it was the size of a basketball. I barely see it and hardly ever have to hold it to use it.

The fact that Apple couldn't get this content deal done is what makes this announcement underwhelming. I think that is what they were banking on. You can tell they had to fill in some of the presentation when they got into the screen saver thing.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2