My Apple TV was working fine, now I cannot connect it to the internet, how can I remedy this problem?

I

iMore Question

my apple tv was working fine, now i cannot connect it to theinternet

is there some way to remidy this problem I have direct tv

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Re: my apple tv was working fine, now i cannot connect it to theinternet

Having directv isn't really relevant... First, restart the AppleTV... If that doesn't help... Restart your home network gear between the AppleTV and the Internet...

mmshipon

Jul 8, 2015
Visit site

I am having the same issue since updating iTunes on my Windows PC. It tells me home sharing is not turned on, when it certainly is. I usually watch movies from a network drive. Resetting/restarting Apple TV makes no difference. Also, rebooting the PC and restarting iTunes has made no difference. I think Apple disabled this feature with the 8.4 IOS updates.

mmshipon

Jul 8, 2015
Visit site

That was it! Thanks. We've had a few power outages lately.

mmshipon

Jul 8, 2015
Visit site

OK... I'm back. Everything was working fine until I updated Windows 10 about a week ago. I've tried changing all of the share settings to give me access and home sharing is turned on. I've tried resetting the network several times as well. By the way, this is over wifi with wpa2 encryption. I'm suspecting Windows 10. Have you had other reports like this?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

OK... I'm back. Everything was working fine until I updated Windows 10 about a week ago. I've tried changing all of the share settings to give me access and home sharing is turned on. I've tried resetting the network several times as well. By the way, this is over wifi with wpa2 encryption. I'm suspecting Windows 10. Have you had other reports like this?

Why would installing Windows 10 on your computer cause problems in regard to the TV, especially when you can connect it directly to your router or modem via Cat5 cable or wirelessly? What am I missing?

anon(39328)

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site

I've had Windows 10 installed since release. I'm having no issues with home sharing from iTunes to Apple TV.

mmshipon

Jul 8, 2015
Visit site

Why would installing Windows 10 on your computer cause problems in regard to the TV, especially when you can connect it directly to your router or modem via Cat5 cable or wirelessly? What am I missing?

Sorry about that. My video library is on my network drive connected to my Windows 10 laptop. I usually see them all listed under My Computer.

mmshipon

Jul 8, 2015
Visit site

I figured it out! It turns out my tp-link wifi extender needed to be re-configured. I had recently changed my security from WEP to WPA2 wireless encryption. It seemed to be working alright, but I guess it wasn't.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner