probably the stupidest question on here...

Spartan John-117

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
But when I go to airplay from my iPhone to my apple tv, it says Apple TV (2)... kicker is I only own one apple tv. Now I do live in an apartment complex, could someone nearby have one as well? If that is the case, when i play from my phone could my neighbor be watching it? Hopefully this makes sense to someone!

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
The only way you'd be AirPlaying to a neighbor's AppleTV is if they're mooching your wifi/internet... there's a bit of a bug where sometimes there will be a (2) in AppleTV names... Nothing to worry about.

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
There is no such thing as a stupid question. I guarantee that there are going to be quite a few people experiencing your issue who don't know the answer either. Now we have the question and answer in one place, anyone else searching the Internet will hopefully find this solution.

It's the reason we have friendly forums like this and knowledgeable folk like Keith above to assist.

Good luck getting it resolved. :)

Dextermutt

Nov 19, 2014
Visit site
Since the (2) has started showing up on my list (I have 4 boxes) it usually only picks one of the four to add the 2. It also doesn't always choose the one I have powered on and can randomly assign the 2, and last of all... Since this phenomenon starting occurring, AirPlay has been hit or miss and very unstable for me either with iPad Air or iPhone 6. I keep everything up to date etc. have tried various things to fix, including resetting the boxes! Anyone have any ideas!!??

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
The (2) shows up for me as well now that I have 2 ATV's in my house. Bedroom and Garage. Sometimes the Garage one will display the (2). It works fine though.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox