Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Intermediate

425 Posts

Default AppleTV Random Resets on Hulu

My AppleTV randomly restarts while watching Hulu. When it restarts, I am able to resume watching the program without starting over. Based on some comments in the Apple community forum, I have already changed my connection from wifi to Ethernet. I've also turned off the iCloud photo stream with no resolution and iOS is up to date. I say "random" because I can find no other correlation. My bandwidth is fine. This might happen once during an evening of watching tv. The problem began, perhaps, 2 months ago...maybe 3 months. It might happen with other program sources, but I watch Hulu more than any other with this AppleTV.
    Has anyone else experienced this problem and found a definitive fix?

Update - having received no useful responses. I reset the AppleTV to factory default using the on screen menu. It has worked flawlessly since then. This required me to renenter some account info and rearrange my apps to my liking, but was relatively painless.
    Last edited by bergman; 03-29-2015 at 09:27 AM.
    iMore Genius

20,830 Posts

Default Re: AppleTV Random Resets on Hulu

Does Hulu's support web site have anything to say on the issue?

I'd visit the Hulu web site... and use any facility they make available to provide them feedback on the issue - as well as going to Apple - Feedback and pass on the info there too.