Will you now buy an Apple TV?

Hendri Hendri

Feb 1, 2015
Visit site
do we need Appleid sign in Appletv ?

cause I don't want to share all my photo stream to the whole family or friends on tv ;p

can anyone tell me the feature ? can we browse ? any free channel etc ? I seems to hardly find much information about the full feature

melbsteve

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
yeah, I might get a second one soon for the second TV in the household. Have been carrying the Apple TV around a lot between the two, I guess at that price point it's legit to add another one to the fray. Having said that I did wait for today and was very optimistic we'd get a proper refresh, so I am a bit disappointed (even though I can't even put my finger on what improvements I would want. Aren't humans funny).

anon8656116

Feb 22, 2015
Visit site
No, still too expensive. I?m currently using a ChromeCast to stream Netflix and I don?t have any films on iTunes, mostly because the films section is still fairly young in my country and the prices are outrageous compared to Blu-ray. As with many other of Apple?s entertainment services, they are only really great for US users. AirPlay would be nice, but it?s not worth it.

Derrick4Real

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
With the Apple TV being primarily a streaming device, how much faster or more powerful in regard to specs does it need to be?

i think you want it to be super fast and responsive when you're moving between menus and lists. I think one of the things Amazon did that i heard was great was the new processor made it fast. I don't have an apple tv but on my devices these things are noticable. Searching libraries of 25000 or 30000 music files on a hard drive things can get slow. or just searching or going from menu to menu. Not apple tv but an example is on my xbox 360 when using the youtube app it's quite common to click the button, think it didnt' register, then you click again, and it jumps back two screens. Like it's registering the click but not fast enough. I can see lag being an issue with older hardware.

shief24

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
My house has 3 for every tv except my parents. My brother and I use it a lot to watch Netflix and I personally use it to stream movies/tv shows to the tv from my iPhone. Its already a great device and we don't need anymore, however if they release one that can have other types of apps (not just for watching things) then I'd buy the new one. I think the Apple TV is a great deal for anyone invested in the Apple ecosystem without a smart tv.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
i think you want it to be super fast and responsive when you're moving between menus and lists. I think one of the things Amazon did that i heard was great was the new processor made it fast. I don't have an apple tv but on my devices these things are noticable. Searching libraries of 25000 or 30000 music files on a hard drive things can get slow. or just searching or going from menu to menu. Not apple tv but an example is on my xbox 360 when using the youtube app it's quite common to click the button, think it didnt' register, then you click again, and it jumps back two screens. Like it's registering the click but not fast enough. I can see lag being an issue with older hardware.

I don't experience menu-related lag with my 3rd generation ATV, but it understand what you're saying...:)

denzilla

Jan 8, 2015
Visit site
I will hold out for a faster model. Why? Hoping they add turn it into a micro console and add a web browser. Also the current remote is crap.

Honey Beagle

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
I already have two. But both are gen 2 which are still jail breakable. I've considered putting them up for sale and getting the newer models (even before today's announcement) because last time I checked gen 2 was selling for more than purchase price. But I've never gotten around to doing it.

Since you have jailbroke Apple TVs. What do you get that is not available on a unjailbroke Apple TV3 in which I own.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77