- iMore Nanite
- 1 Posts
Apple TV instead of SKY+HD
Hi folks, just bought me an Apple TV to watch Netflix stuff and pleased with it so far. I was wondering though was can Apple TV replace the SKY+HD box.
I have one smart tv with Netflix installed on it and one non-smart tv with the ATV connected to it. My understanding is that all i would need for both set ups is a broadband connection.
Pro's and cons and opinions would be very welcome.
Cheers, happy Christmas to all!!!!!!
- 11-30-2014, 01:51 PM #2
Re: Apple TV instead of SKY+HD
The ATV itself only needs a broadband service. However some of the channels on the ATV may require authentication with a cable/satellite provider. At least that's how it works in the US. So just try all the channels you want to watch on the ATV and see if they require this authentication. If not and if you don't use the Sky TV box for anything else, then I guess you don't need it.
- By cs1219 in forum AccessoriesReplies: 2Last Post: 12-01-2014, 04:29 PM
- By Carol Ridgway in forum iPadReplies: 2Last Post: 11-30-2014, 02:13 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 7Last Post: 11-30-2014, 12:17 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 11-30-2014, 11:14 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 0Last Post: 11-30-2014, 11:13 AM