ATV3 Crashes Network

Herms27

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
Hi, I've looked all over the various forums out there and can't find a resolution to the problem I am experiencing and thought I'd ask the experts from iMore. I just received my first Apple TV (3rd Gen) and set it up to connect to my Time Capsule, which is connected to my ISP modem. Setup went perfect and I got the ATV connected right away. Then I played one of the movies from my iTunes library and I lost network connectivity on all of my devices (MBP, iPhone5, iPad2). I unplugged and rebooted the modem and TC and everything came back online. Tried watching another movie and the network went down again. I've never experienced any problems with the modem and TC before, so this leads me to believe something is happening with the addition of the ATV. Has anyone else here had this problem and know a solution? Love the things the ATV can do, but I can't have a network crash every 5 minutes.
Thanks!

LockOnTech

May 5, 2014
Visit site
Are you using wireless or a wired connection to your time capsule? Have 2 apple tv one wired and one wireless, the wireless connected one gave me some trouble with content streaming so i switched back to wired connection; it appears to be holding up.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I have a iPhone 5S, 5th gen iPod touch, 2x iPhone 4S, surface 2 rt and my Apple TV 3 all connected via wifi (mix of 2.4 & 5 ghz wireless n) to my AirPort Extreme AC and I have no problems with streaming and have no network crashes. I have all my software up to date on all my devices expect on one 4S (7.1.2). I agree with updating your software first and see if the problem comes back. When I got my Apple TV 3 in February of this year it had iOS 6.x on it.

Sent from my 5th gen iPod touch or iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

Herms27

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
I did the software update as you all recommended and after a full day of use it appears to have solved the issues I was having. Knew I came to the right place! Thanks for your help!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73