Apple TV 3rd Generation with Mirroring iPhone 5s+ Full-screen?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
While using the Tapatalk app on my iPhone 5, all I did was turn it to landscape mode and then connect to my Apple TV via AirPlay (mirroring mode) to be in full screen mode. The entire image covered spread across the entire tv screen.

iSRS

iOS & macOS Champion, Trusted Member
Champion
Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
Hello, Lieutenant. Just read through your linked post. The response with the screenshots seems to show both working. I only have a 6 myself, but assume it would be the same (as it was for my iPhone 5).

Are you seeing the screen mirrored at all on the Apple TV? Are they on the same network? I don't think Ethernet vs WiFi should be an issue. My Apple TV is connected via WiFi, but my iMac is via Ethernet.

Assuming they are on the same network, you need to pull up Control Center from the iPhone (any iOS 8 capable device). The row above the Flashlight, clock, calculator, camera icons should show AirDrop on the left and AirPlay on the right. Tap AirPlay, and it should bring up a selection screen. This screen will start with your iPhone and a speaker icon, and then should list any AirPlay enabled devices on the network. Your Apple TV should be there, and if you have multiple Apple TVs, they should all be there. Additionally, if you have any AirPort Express on your network with speakers attached, those should be listed there as well.

Let me know if this helps.

A couple of other tips. Ensure that Rotation Lock is not enabled on your iPhone, and put your iPhone in Landscape mode. If you have the iPhone in Portrait mode, you will have a lot of black space.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77