- iMore Nanite
- 2 Posts
using Home sharing on various devices
I hope this question is not too stupid. I've been suing Macs for almost 20 years.
I have a home wifi network with a Power Mac desk top, lap top, iPod, and iPad connections.
I've never really used home sharing. But I recently acquired an Apple TV.
My question is: do my computers have to be turned on to use home sharing?
I do have an ITunes Account, iCloud and the latest OS.
As a follow up if I want to use home sharing do I have to worry about the computers going to sleep?
- 03-29-2014, 07:46 AM #2iMore Intermediate
- 466 Posts
Re: using Home sharing on various devices
Yes, your computer has to be on. I don't know the answer to your follow up question. My iMac doesn't go to sleep. I just have it set to turn off the display. Someone else may know though or you might find the answer here. http://www.apple.com/support/homesharing/getstarted/
Sent from my Retina iPad mini using Tapatalk 2
- 03-29-2014, 09:10 AM #3
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 7Last Post: 03-28-2014, 08:27 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 03-28-2014, 02:50 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 03-28-2014, 02:30 PM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 03-28-2014, 02:00 PM
- By unq192 in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 03-28-2014, 12:26 PM