When Did You Buy Your First Apple TV? Do You Still Use It Everyday?

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
The reason I ask this followup if you may is because I asked if you use your Apple TV what do you use it for the most and do you watch a lot of network...Well since you bought your FIRST Apple TV have you upgraded and still use one and how much?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I purchased my Apple TV on September 28, 2013. How do I know? I still have a copy of the sales receipt saved in Evernote....:).....and yes, I use it almost daily.

JBaby_9783

Jan 22, 2009
Visit site
I bought my first and only tv as a Christmas present to myself on December 12, 2012 from Amazon. I don't have it anymore though because an update in autumn bricked it. The Apple Store gave me a replacement. As for the rest of your question, I answered it in your other thread. But one thing I forgot to mention is I AirPlay mirror my new iMac to my tv so I can play shows that aren't apart of Hulu Plus' offerings. I used it to also watch the Olympics since the NBC app doesn't support AirPlay. It works very well. I made an Automator script that allows me to activate mirroring and switch the sound output to my tv in one step via a keyboard shortcut. I do this via Mobile Mouse. My iMac and my tv are in different rooms which why the shortcut is necessary.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/mobile-mouse-remote-mouse/id289616509?mt=8&at=10l3Vy

ETA: The exact date of purchase.

Sent from my 64GB Space Gray iPhone 5s using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I purchased my Apple TV on September 28, 2013. How do I know? I still have a copy of the sales receipt saved in Evernote....:).....and yes, I use it almost daily.
Gotta love the EverNote as a side comment here as I have many sales receipts in it as you know how i feel about the app.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
February 8th, 2014 and I still use it as long as my internet speed is stable enough.

Sent from my iPhone 5S or 5th gen iPod Touch using Tapatalk

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Mine was a Christmas gift from the wife a couple years ago. It's connected to the TV in the frog and doesn't get used.

anon(5719825)

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
I bought an Apple TV 2 two years ago but it's still new in the box because I don't have a TV that will work with it yet. Maybe one day soon I'll get a TV and will be able to finally use it.

Megan Blok

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
I bought an Apple TV 2 two years ago but it's still new in the box because I don't have a TV that will work with it yet. Maybe one day soon I'll get a TV and will be able to finally use it.
Why doesn't your tv work is it missing a certain plug? I don't have an Apple TV but looking into getting one.

Sent from my Gold iPhone 5s 

anon(5719825)

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
Why doesn't your tv work is it missing a certain plug? I don't have an Apple TV but looking into getting one.

Sent from my Gold iPhone 5s 
It's an old Sony Trinitron from like 1998. Already been told there is no way to connect it. Eventually I'll get a new TV but I don't watch the old one as it is now which is why I never bought a new one.

I buy all my shows and movies on iTunes and watch them on my 24" Samsung display. It's been good enough the past three years.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
It's an old Sony Trinitron from like 1998. Already been told there is no way to connect it. Eventually I'll get a new TV but I don't watch the old one as it is now which is why I never bought a new one.

I buy all my shows and movies on iTunes and watch them on my 24" Samsung display. It's been good enough the past three years.

If your monitor has a HDMI port and supports HDCP you should be able to use your Apple TV with it.

Sent from my iPhone 5S or 5th gen iPod Touch using Tapatalk

Bradley Spence

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site
I've had it since the 2nd gen came out. I use it everyday. I stream NHL Game Center on it and love to do iPhone mirroring. Also use it for Netflix all the time (even though I have a smart TV).

boomhower1820

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Had it since the latest gen came out. Don't use it much anymore; mainly just Netflix, Vevo and Airplay. Most media playback is done on a WD Live Hub. The local storage and massive amount file types it supports makes it an easy winner.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro