Do You Own And Use Apple TV And Watch It More Than Network?

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Like the title says if you own an Apple TV do you tend to watch more content from it than Network or anything else?

JBaby_9783

Jan 22, 2009
Visit site
I watch a few hours of satellite tv every week, but my primary source of entertainment is my tv. I prefer streaming to satellite and I have the Hopper. Hopper is amazing but streaming is still better.

ETA: AirPlay is everything! Not a day goes by that I don't AirPlay a podcast, video, or audiobook.

Sent from my 64GB Space Gray iPhone 5s using Tapatalk 2

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I used it more when I first got it but not so much these days for unknown reasons

airplay is great for entertaining at a party and is my most used feature

iMore Ambassador -iPhone 5s

DC506

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
I wouldn't say I watch more than my network channels yet, but typically everyday for Netflix, YouTube, Radio, Airplay or AirVideo. Even just playing my Photo Stream as a screensaver. I seem to use it more and more.

Sent from my iPad using iMore Forums mobile app

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Yes, I own an Apple TV and use it to catch up TV shows I've missed like "Arrow", "Revolution" and "WWE Raw". I also use it to watch Netflix movies or sports shows via the WatchESPN feature. Furthermore, I occasionally use it to mirror various games that my youngest son plays, especially when he wants me to watch him or help him through a certain level. The Apple TV is worth getting, in my opinion.

streamlined

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
Yes, I have Comcast cable but we tend to use our Apple TV more by a 70/30 split. Mainly because we mostly watch movies which we stream on Netflix or rent from iTunes. And if the same thing is on both, like HBO or ABC. We always prefer the Apple TV because the image quality is better than through our Comcast cable box.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Yes & yes, airplay is my most used feature on my iPhone now. I'll also watch something on crackle here and there as well. Also depending on how many devices are connected to my AirPort Extreme I'll play modern combat 4 but airplay mirror it to my Apple TV. The only thing I watch tv for is sports now like hockey, F1 or nascar.

Sent from my iPhone 5S or 5th gen iPod Touch using Tapatalk

shief24

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
I watch content on my Apple TV daily(okay most days ). I never watch satellite anymore as well because of Netflix, Hulu Plus and Movie box. I've recently ( today ) cancelled my Netflix and hulu to try to stay exclusively with movie box. The only thing I miss is the news.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro