Apple TV bought, maybe an iPhone 5s now?

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
I have a BlackBerry Z10 and have been buying the $0.99 films they have offered over the last few weeks. With that in mind, I thought to myself, I have an iPad Mini, why not try Apple TV, and thus spend more money in the Apple eco-system (since I have other films and countless music from iTunes already).

I'm now watching the likes of Star Trek, Transformers, et al via my iTunes account/Samsung 55" TV.

So, I might as well get an iPhone 5s, too, no?

What say you? I know this is an 'iOS' website/forum, but, still being open minded with your responses ;)

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
99 cent films?

I guess if you want the best experience with the ecosystem, you can't go wrong with a 5S. However if you're satisfied with your Z10, I'd say save your money for now.

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
The 5S is an awesome device. Do you like your Z10?

I do, the gestures really can't be matched. But, my problem has ALWAYS been being part of ONE eco-system. I hate having some stuff here, and some over there. Most annoying.

Ps: I'm an ex-MOD from CrackBerry ;)

dianahk

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I love the iPhone 5S. We have Apple TV and it is a great device. I have bought into the ecosystem and have not looked back.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I do, the gestures really can't be matched. But, my problem has ALWAYS been being part of ONE eco-system. I hate having some stuff here, and some over there. Most annoying.

Ps: I'm an ex-MOD from CrackBerry ;)

I know what you mean. I would go all in with one ecosystem. That's just me.

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
I love how you put this!

I do think that I might have to sit and ponder this before spending a fortune (no upgrade available) on an iPhone 5s. I typically don't really watch films from my smartphone, except on a very, very rare occasion. So, I could keep films to the Apple eco-system, and music to 'all eco-systems'.

Hmm, not a bad idea, I need to think on this separation of music and films...

If you like how your iPad mini works better than the Z10 or at least are comfortable with the inevitable differing ways of doing things in different ecosystems, then I'd say yes. If there are too many times that you want to check the iPad mini across the room because it can't do something the Z10 can do, then no.

dcharleyultra

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
I echo Karen's opinion.

(I have a 5s, iPad 4, rooted Samsung Galaxy S3, and rooted Nook Color.) I also hung out at CrackBerry for a while😎

Sent from my iPhone/iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
I was in the same position. I had a BB. I had a droid. And then an iPhone. I made the jump to all in one and now everyone in my family has an iPhone. My main Apple ID is used for movies on all our devices and the a separate one for contacts and calendars. Works great for sharing everything.

normmac

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
I have a Z10 for work purposes and have been an avid Apple user for a long time. For a short period of time after getting the Z10 i contemplated going down to 1 device but decided that the Z10 just didn't give me what i wanted in a phone. So then i made a decision to get a Galaxy S4. Although the S4 is a great device it didn't work with my iPad and Apple TV so i went with the 5s and it is an amazing device that will work with all of your apple products unlike the Z10.

Cheers!

Chris Parsons

Oct 30, 2007
Visit site
I have a BlackBerry Z10 and have been buying the $0.99 films they have offered over the last few weeks. With that in mind, I thought to myself, I have an iPad Mini, why not try Apple TV, and thus spend more money in the Apple eco-system (since I have other films and countless music from iTunes already).

I'm now watching the likes of Star Trek, Transformers, et al via my iTunes account/Samsung 55" TV.

So, I might as well get an iPhone 5s, too, no?

What say you? I know this is an 'iOS' website/forum, but, still being open minded with your responses ;)

Sounds like you're just looking for a reason to buy a 5S Navi, in which case -- go for it! Just don't tell your better half I was the one who told you too lol.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Yes, you may as well... resistance is futile... you will be assimilated... :D

I love this it never gets old 😃

The 5s is a great phone you will not look back I didn't think I could have left my Palm roots but I don't regret it at all

Sent from my iPhone 5s Gold 64GB

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
The one downside with getting an iPhone is the SIM card issue. Yes, I guess I could get an adapter, thus I can switch to any micro SIM device on the fly.

Hmm, decisions, decisions...

Sent from my iPad using iMore Forums mobile app

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Whats up Navi, as you already know, I have both ....the Z10 and 5s. Well let me put it this way.....the Z10 is on "timeout" right now...get the 5s and hurry before there all gone because of the Christmas rush.....SMILE. BBMe, text or call me

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro