Remote Control or Mousepad

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Would any of you who own an Apple TV prefer to use the supplied super thin remote control device or would an Apple mousepad serve you better, if you could use it with the Apple TV?

Les74

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Honestly? Neither. Not a fan of the thin remote at all, but would probably dislike a mouse even more.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Honestly? Neither. Not a fan of the thin remote at all, but would probably dislike a mouse even more.

The remote control unit is okay, but I'm interested in seeing how a mousepad would work with it. I think the screen layout would work with the mousepad, but I could be wrong...:)...Anyway, thanks for replying, and enjoy the rest of your evening.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
The just updated yesterday Remote App is quite good...

Yes, it is, however, I wish it felt a tad more sturdy.....oh wait. You said "remote app" and I was thinking the remote control device itself....lol...my bad!

Last edited:

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I have a spare Apple bluetooth keyboard... that is the preferred method for me. My wife uses the Logitech Harmony remote on the AppleTV connected to the family room entertainment center... so I guess our answer would be "none of the above". :)

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I use the supplied ATV remote most of the time. I like the iPhone app but alway forget to use it.

#Naked Tuesday

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Forgive me for asking this stupid question, but how does the Remote app work? Basically, what is it's purpose? I'm interested.

To add to Karen's thoughts... it makes entering info requiring text a breeze with the iPhone or iPad keyboard instead of via the Apple Remote one letter at a time with lots of scrolling...

Les74

May 30, 2011
Visit site
To add to Karen's thoughts... it makes entering info requiring text a breeze with the iPhone or iPad keyboard instead of via the Apple Remote one letter at a time with lots of scrolling...

Ah, that's great! Gonna DL it now. Thanks to you both!!

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Wow learn something new everyday it's kind of touchy but being able to use the iPhone keyboard is a big plus

Sent from my iPhone 5

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I have a spare Apple bluetooth keyboard... that is the preferred method for me. My wife uses the Logitech Harmony remote on the AppleTV connected to the family room entertainment center... so I guess our answer would be "none of the above". :)

I just configured my Apple Bluetooth keyboard with it and man, I'm glad I read your reply. I might as well put the remote back in the box...:)....The arrow keys are used to maneuver through the features, the ESC key to back out of a menu or feature and, of course, the qwerty keys for search purposes. This is awesome!

Last edited:

Chris Cook5

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Absolutely not. No. Never. Don't ever say that again.

I have a google TV and the remote is atrocious. Plain horrible.

Besides, the AppleTV has been a success for Apple, Google TV was an embarrassment for Google.

Why do you say Google TV has been an embarrassment for Google?

Sent from my 5s iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

Totalimmortal363

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
Why do you say Google TV has been an embarrassment for Google?

Sent from my 5s iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

The partners that released GoogleTV's sold a deplorably low amount of them, Logitech in particular was particularly disappointed in the low sales numbers. Apple, on the other hand, sells a very steady amount of AppleTV's every quarter.

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
The partners that released GoogleTV's sold a deplorably low amount of them, Logitech in particular was particularly disappointed in the low sales numbers. Apple, on the other hand, sells a very steady amount of AppleTV's every quarter.

Honestly, the first batch of Google TV products were vastly overpriced so I don't understand why those partner ps were shocked by low sales given that some were higher than game consoles

DC506

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
My AppleTV remote is stored in a drawer in one of my end tables. The Remote App is great. More functional on both my iPhone and iPad.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR