The argument for AirPlay as Apple's gaming console (and Apple TV SDK):Via iMore Blog

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
[h=1]The argument for AirPlay as Apple's gaming console (and Apple TV SDK)[/h]
Considering I personally have been looking into the idea of getting into more of Apple devices suc a Apple TV.... Down the line a possible MBP and soon a new iPad be it the new Air or Mini Retina I have tried to read as much as I can from the Blog and other places I find this article interesting and hope after reading it you all will too if you are looking reading for the same reason as me or just to gain knowledge. Hope you will get out of this as much as I did.

The argument for AirPlay as Apple's gaming console (and Apple TV SDK) | iMore

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I skimmed over the article earlier, but didn't give it much thought. I do mirror certain games via AirPlay & my Apple TV to be viewed on the TV, but not often.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I used a few games via airplay to my Apple TV using my 5s and it's like night and day from my iPad 2.

Because of the power of the A7 using a game like Real Racing 3 is great via airplay no lag at all.

Another game that I play but haven't tried with airplay is Fight Night Champion. On the 5s it self this game is super slick vs being played on a iPhone 4S or iPad 2.

I've read posts on here by some that say that what's the use of the A7 because apps aren't A7 ready. Well the games I have tried that are not A7 are super fast and fluid using the A7. So with chips getting more powerful the mobile device as a gaming console is very real. This is Apple skating to where the puck is going to be not where it's at.
As a music professional there was a time where a person needed 50K of gear to record a album and this was15 years ago. Today a 128gig iPad and a few apps and outboard gear and you can do it. Maybe $1500 total today or less.

#Naked Tuesday

Chris Cook5

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
I've only played 1 game on ATV & it was Motion Tennis. It lagged. Is lagging Apple needs to fix or is the developer?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2