Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By melbsteve
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Intermediate

401 Posts

Default Rented fIlms bug - anyone else? +how to fix

so I rented World War Z last night (no comment on the movie itself) , watched the first half and planned on finishing it tonight. However returning to the film section I was pretty surprised I couldn't pick up from where I left but was told to pay $6.99 again.
    I clicked on 'purchase' again, expecting my ATV to recognise the film and grant me access, but it wouldn't start playing and instead comes up with
    "You have already rented this item but it hasn't been downloaded. To download it, go to the Settings menu, select Downloads, then Check for Downloads".
    Interestingly there's no such option anywhere. Next thing I stumbled upon was "Check For Rentals" under Settings>iTunes Store but same result there: nothing. Just before I was about to tell Apple off big time, I found a guy online that suggested to simply log out of the store and back in again... and bam, too easy, I got my current rentals back, including the remaining time correctly displayed. Magical.

Did anyone else notice that bug? Pretty annoying if you ask me... it shouldn't be like that for long. I mean come on Apple, what's with all these bugs lately?
    taz323 likes this.

Default Re: Rented fIlms bug - anyone else? +how to fix

Haven't seen the issue myself, but thanks for posting this and how it was resolved.

Default Re: Rented fIlms bug - anyone else? +how to fix

Same here. I've yet to experience this, but it's good to know that there's a simple solution in case it happens to me in the future. Thanks for sharing, and take care...