De-Authorize or Re-Authorize an Apple TV?

jkeitz

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
I've been trying to fix a problem with my Apple TV where it will not stream any of my purchased TV or Movies via iCloud. I can play music (both purchased and iTunes Match). I can also play video via home sharing. To make matters even more interesting, if I log the Apple TV into my son's account, it plays purchased movies just fine, but back to my account and it doesn't work. My purchases work fine on my iPhone, iPad, and PC. I have rebooted and restored several times already but no luck.

I've been going back and forth between Apple TV support and iTunes support with no solution.

What I'm wondering, is there a way to de-authorize and then re-authorize and Apple TV like you can de-authorize and re-authorize iTunes on your PC? If so, how?

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I had this happen with an AppleTV once... the solution was to go into the iTunes store on the TV - and "buy" something free... it worked.

jkeitz

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
I had this happen with an AppleTV once... the solution was to go into the iTunes store on the TV - and "buy" something free... it worked.

Apple gave me 3 free rentals just so I could try renting a movie from the Apple TV box as part of troubleshooting, and I could not rent a movie on there. I suppose I could try buying something to see if that works, but I don't think it will.

jkeitz

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site

Dude! You're amazing! Two weeks now with Apple Care and no one thought of this. I bought a movie (I'd been planning to buy it anyway) and it played! Then everything else played too! You should work for Apple!

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Dude! You're amazing! Two weeks now with Apple Care and no one thought of this. I bought a movie (I'd been planning to buy it anyway) and it played! Then everything else played too! You should work for Apple!
Glad it worked out... and share the solution with Apple... :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73