Conference room

Chris Cook5

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
I found the AirPlay under settings & turned conference room ON. Can some tell me how it works? (I tried turning on my ipad but didn't work) Does it work like before the update?

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
It's just a means of displaying what Wifi node the AppleTV is on so someone could select it on their iOS device to use your AppleTV from their device... it does nothing to change how you might have used it before...

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
It's just a means of displaying what Wifi node the AppleTV is on so someone could select it on their iOS device to use your AppleTV from their device... it does nothing to change how you might have used it before...
I just referenced your blog comment...:)

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
how do you airplay whats on your computer to ATV? I turned conference room ON.

Conference Room is not in the equation. All "Conference Room" does is run a fancy/pretty screen saver on your AppleTV display advertising that airplay is available and providing connection info.

If you have airplay enabled on the Apple TV, and are running OS X Mountain Lion, simply click the airplay icon on your menu bar (may have to enable that via System Preference).

How to view content from your Mac on your Apple TV with AirPlay Mirroring | iMore

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
That is correct. At least for now. Not sure if Apple will allow others to use it, or if others will implement it.
The iTunes app on a PC will AirPlay and is able to use an AppleTV... just looked on my rarely used WindowsXP box... :) but to display mirror, or use an AppleTV as a second screen... it's gotta be a Mac... and newer than my MacBook Pro...

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner