NFL Sundayticket/RedZone App

ejz28

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
i see they have one for ipad/iphone etc does that mean it works for Apple TV as well? If so it will seal the deal for me!

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
i see they have one for ipad/iphone etc does that mean it works for Apple TV as well? If so it will seal the deal for me!

I don’t believe so. There’s no AppleTV app or menu item for it... and last year, Airplay would not play it on an Apple TV... don’t expect it to be any different this year. Also, last year you needed a DirecTV subscription to the full Sunday Ticket package - don’t see that changing this year, either...

As an AT&T customer, I cannot address what offering VZW has in this regard.

Coachbulldog

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
Verizon's NFL Mobile app doesn't do AirPlay... and costs $5/month for the stuff most people want.

Even though you are only able to access the content on Verizon devices, IMO NFL Mobile is worth every penny of the $5 a month I spend on it. Live radio broadcasts, live video streaming of Sunday, Monday, and Thursday night games, Red Zone, and live streaming of NFL Network are great. I still believe the MLB at Bat is the best sports app (full disclosure-baseball is my favorite sport so I'm a bit biased), but if you're an NFL fan on the Verizon network you won't be disappointed in this app.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Even though you are only able to access the content on Verizon devices, IMO NFL Mobile is worth every penny of the $5 a month I spend on it. Live radio broadcasts, live video streaming of Sunday, Monday, and Thursday night games, Red Zone, and live streaming of NFL Network are great. I still believe the MLB at Bat is the best sports app (full disclosure-baseball is my favorite sport so I'm a bit biased), but if you're an NFL fan on the Verizon network you won't be disappointed in this app.
Five bucks a month gets you the Red Zone on the app?!?!?

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Five bucks a month gets you the Red Zone on the app?!?!?

DTV is upwards of $300 for the whole package - Sunday Ticket, RedZone, Mobile Sunday Ticket (iPhone/iPad version), fantasy stats, etc... it’s a great opportunity to pay an arm and a leg to watch out of market football (or test your negotiating skillz)...

That makes the VZW RedZone sound like a real deal!

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
While Redzone is 5 a month .. Another option if you want mobile but have the games on at home is slingbox .. Mine works great

Sent from my iPhone 5 from a galaxy far far away (in the USA ) using Tapatalk !

ejz28

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
really what i was checking out was buying the madden 25 anniversary edition b/c you get the free directv mobile/internet football games and you can watch on your ipad & iphone i was hoping you could do the same with the apple tv so i could watch it on my tv

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
really what i was checking out was buying the madden 25 anniversary edition b/c you get the free directv mobile/internet football games and you can watch on your ipad & iphone i was hoping you could do the same with the apple tv so i could watch it on my tv

Don’t think that will work... some apps block Airplay... Sunday Ticket/RedZone is one of them.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Carriers having exclusive rights is frustrating. I enjoy the NFL but I'm glad my two favorite sports, MLB & NHL, are carrier neutral on the content available through their apps.

Now that I think about it, it's not fair for me to just call out the carriers on this.
The NFL is just as big a cartel as the carriers are. Which is a reason why they
kept the Sunday ticket exclusive to DirecTV a few years ago. Those other leagues
don't have nearly the popularity power that the NFL does. Not even close. From
In-season to the draft to the fantasy football, etc. They absolutely dominate.

Even ESPN.com "Insider" subscriptions are due to the NFL.

Coachbulldog

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
Now that I think about it, it's not fair for me to just call out the carriers on this.
The NFL is just as big a cartel as the carriers are. Which is a reason why they
kept the Sunday ticket exclusive to DirecTV a few years ago. Those other leagues
don't have nearly the popularity power that the NFL does. Not even close. From
In-season to the draft to the fantasy football, etc. They absolutely dominate.

Even ESPN.com "Insider" subscriptions are due to the NFL.

Agree the carriers are only partially to blame for the exclusive content issue and your ESPN reference is right on the mark. It's interesting that at the same time we're having this discussion here a similar issue was raised in a thread in the AppleTv forum. New AppleTv channels are being added but Directv customers cannot access some of them. In the instance of AppleTv the villain is Disney (ESPN), which does not allow Directv customers access to the new Disney or Watch ESPN channels. In my area of the country if I want to watch these channels on my AppleTv I have to switch from Directv to Comcast. I might end up doing that for a lot of reasons that I won't go into because that isn't the topic open for discussion here.

I find it ironic and funny that I'm complaining about a product being exclusive to a certain distributor here on an iPhone site because had to wait a long time to get an iPhone because AT&T had an exclusive agreement with Apple and I was locked into Verizon. :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro