YouTube Login on Apple TV

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
Hope this helps:

After about an hour of trying to log into YouTube on my new Apple TV, I determined that the gmail 2-step verification was the problem.
After entering your user ID forYouTube, you must generate a unique code at Google and enter that I to the password field.

What through me was I didn't get a prompt asking me to do so, similar to the one you get on Exchange setup on the iPhone & iPad.

Hope this saves some aggravation for some.

Good Luck

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Hope this helps:

After about an hour of trying to log into YouTube on my new Apple TV, I determined that the gmail 2-step verification was the problem.
After entering your user ID forYouTube, you must generate a unique code at Google and enter that I to the password field.

What through me was I didn't get a prompt asking me to do so, similar to the one you get on Exchange setup on the iPhone & iPad.

Hope this saves some aggravation for some.

Good Luck
I found out the same thing on my LG smart TV. When you go into logging into You Tube it gives you a code and you have like 5 mins to go to You Tube to activate and then you can log in through the TV. It is pretty cool thought. Kind of the same as Apple TV.

GulfCoastToad

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
I dumped the 2-step verification for reasons just like this. Too complicated, and ends up being more of an annoyance than anything.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73