Apple TV or Roku 2 XS

Sniper1087

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
ok as the title says I am at the moment very confused, I have a google TV which I am not really happy about crappy hardware didnt help, gets laggy anyways, my main thing I have an iPhone and an ipad 16gb which I am going to change for a 32gb one, anyways I am thinking of getting either the Apple TV or the Roku 2 XS, both are the same price I have only 1 movie on iTunes and have as well Amazon Prime. Amazon Instant video which I started using not too long ago and well the same movies on the iPad are available on Amazon at a much lower cost, an example is "Step Up Revolution, on iTunes is $17.99 and on Amazon is $12.99, of course there are restrictions since on the iPad it doesnt play on HD or airplay on Amazon Instant Video, so my biggest questions, for anybody that has tried both, which would be the better option?.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I love my AppleTV (have 3 of them in the house for the grandkids to watch their movies)... but like most things from Apple, it’s a "closed system". Short of jailbreaking the ATV (and only the 2gen has JB available), you are limited to watching what Apple says you can watch with it. If you have other content, the Roku offers plugins and options (a pretty good "library" of options, at that)... so, as Karen says, if you’re not locked into the Apple environment, then Roku may be the way to go for you.

Sniper1087

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
makes it really hard to decide the only thing is Amazon Instant Video offering the same movies at 12.99 while iTunes are 17.99, I know is 5 bucks difference. the main question how is the performance of both i know Apple tv is probably always smooth, how about the Roku if anybody used it. does the mirroring works with video from apps on the ipad like Amazon instant video on it?

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73