New Apple TV won't access Netflix

quarters

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
Hi,
I have a new Apple Tv, updated to the latest software. I signed up for a free trial of Netflix but the Apple TV just keeps saying "Accessing Netflix" and then "Netflix unavailable try again later." Netflix works through my PS3 no problem. I was wondering if anyone else had this problem, or if anyone had any idea how to fix it. Thanks!

mtmjr90

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
My ATV has been EXTREMELY buggy of late. It will tell me Netflix, Hulu aren't available. I'll reboot, but then none of the apps appear other than "Computers" and "Settings." And it'll say iTunes is unavailable for some reason... Then there's the times where it'll spontaneously crash and reboot in the middle of a Hulu episode. Normally I would shrug it off but it's been happening A LOT recently.

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
I get that unavailable error sometimes when my bandwidth is down. I have a DSL connection and get about 6 Mbps max. Sometimes it'll drop down to 2-3 and I get the unavailable error. Don't know if this is related to your issue, but thought I would put it out there. Unplug of my router fixes my speeds and the issue.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Try rebooting your router if that don't work try another dns setting
Like 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4

You can try these directly on Apple TV if they work then
Go to your routers setup and make these your default dns so the Apple TV and others devices pull these settings when obtaining a address from the router

Sent from my iPhone 5 from a galaxy far far away (in the USA ) using Tapatalk !