Which Apple TV should I get?

CrackedBarry

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
Hey everybody!

I've been thinking about getting an Apple TV, and since they cost around 150$ where I live, I've checked out the local eBay as well...

The thing is... I can get an AppleTV gen 1 for between 50-100$ or a gen. 2 or 3 for 80-100$. So which one to get? I know that the newest one can't be jail broken, but that the specs are quite a bit better. And the first one comes the closest to being a real little media PC. So which ones would you guys get?

1. Can I use AirPlay to mirror my iPad2 on the 1 gen and 2 gen ATV?
2. How big is the speed difference between the three?
3. How much does jail breaking add to the experience? (I'm a geek and like to tinker, but one of the reasons I got an iPad over Android s cause it needs less tinkering, lol! And keep in mind, that I live in a country where I can't access things like Hulu or Netflix without faking my IP/using a proxy server)

boomhower1820

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I say a 3 for 1080P. That's pretty much the end of the story to me, the whole point of the experience is the best experience possible and to me that's the highest definition picture I can get.

Apr 16, 2012
Visit site
To follow up with this is Spotify available on Apple TV and do you think there is any chance that a new Apple TV is announced next month during there other press event?

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using Tapatalk 2

Lenerdosy

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Hey everybody!

I've been thinking about getting an Apple TV, and since they cost around 150$ where I live, I've checked out the local eBay as well...

The thing is... I can get an AppleTV gen 1 for between 50-100$ or a gen. 2 or 3 for 80-100$. So which one to get? I know that the newest one can't be jail broken, but that the specs are quite a bit better. And the first one comes the closest to being a real little media PC. So which ones would you guys get?

1. Can I use AirPlay to mirror my iPad2 on the 1 gen and 2 gen ATV?
2. How big is the speed difference between the three?
3. How much does jail breaking add to the experience? (I'm a geek and like to tinker, but one of the reasons I got an iPad over Android s cause it needs less tinkering, lol! And keep in mind, that I live in a country where I can't access things like Hulu or Netflix without faking my IP/using a proxy server)

Where the heck are you looking ebay wise? I am looking for an ATV2 and cheapest I can find is $160 :S