Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    392 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Question Sleep after setting

I turned off the sleep after feature when I got my apple tv and decided to manually put the aTV to sleep on my own. I was curious as to how the sleep function works. If I set it to 15 minutes will the aTV go to sleep after video (in this case netflix or hulu) is playing or will it go to sleep while any video is playing?
    iPhone Intermediate

iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by sprocket2107 View Post
    I turned off the sleep after feature when I got my apple tv and decided to manually put the aTV to sleep on my own. I was curious as to how the sleep function works. If I set it to 15 minutes will the aTV go to sleep after video (in this case netflix or hulu) is playing or will it go to sleep while any video is playing?
    I'm almost certain that it's after 15 minutes of inactivity, so for example, if your Apple tv is switched on and then left doing nothing, after 15 minutes it will go into sleep. It wouldn't go to sleep if you were watching something.