was going to cut the cable..

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
Called directv with every intention of canceling. These guys offered 30 off each month, a free 5 tuner HR34 receiver, and all the premiums free for 6 months. We have the cheapest package Entertainment, so that lowers monthly bill to 56 a month for 12 months. Initially i was offered NFL for free, but told them we had no interest, so maybe this is their plan b for those folks? As for NFL, i use my parents account on the PS3 NFL app.

Couldn't turn that down so they get me 24 more months.. I got 7 tuners now. If for some reason 7 shows come on at once i want to see, i'm covered. One less worry..lol

dwayne.williams

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Would cut the cord if I could find a way to get news and local sports. I never watch cable unless it is for news and sports.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

iMassguy

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
I was thinking about doing this today but, the programs that I like aren't offered on Apple TV. I don't know if Directv channels are the same across the country. If they are, I usually watch 241-289, my kids watch their channels just above those plus I like the local stations and Speed. I ordered Netflix. I like that. Just signed on for a week trial of Hulu. I'll probably pick one and it will probably be Netflix.

Overall I'm really enjoying the features of Apple TV. Technology just keeps getting better and better...

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
I agree with everyone that cutting the cord for Internet TV would be awesome. However, there's no way to use just Netflix, Apple TV, and Internet to get the full range of entertainment. Directv, Apple TV, and Netflix cover all the bases for me.

1776_1865_RIP

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
Finally did it. Netflix takes care of the Discovery, History, NatGeo content. I use airplay with the Fox Soccer (expensive subscription $170 year) and MLS apps (cheap subscription $36 year) for soccer and the Food Network app takes care of their content (though limited and not updated often enough). On demand (without having to think about DVR) and commercial free makes TV much more watchable.

blessed2bamommie

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Me too!!!! Its easier to consider now that my shows are of.f The one on the local channel I do watch comes on on my daughters instituted family movie night and I'm behind. Dh watches crazy shows and reality TV. Last talk he couldn't get it all I'm 112 with a promo incl broadband on TWC. Every cent counts!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711