Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    134 Global Posts

Default TV Says "Mode Not Supported"

I have a samsung HDTV and My apple tv always worked ont it. After i gave it to a friend for a couple of days after i got it back i plugged it to my samsung and at first i got a green screen with the apple logo inside it and it keeps flashing, then i kept plugging and unplugging the hdmi and now its almost dead, it switches between no signal and mode not supported. I trie to reset it with the remote but it didnt help. PS: there's a red light coming from the optical audio port on the back.
    Please help, thank you.

APPLE TV 3rd Gen

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    11,906 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Try this: On the AppleTV, Disconnect power... connect a micro USB Cable to the appropriate port on the AppleTV... connect the other end to the computer where you have iTunes... plug power back into the AppleTV... when it shows as a device in iTunes, restore it to factory settings and go from there.
    Keith - iMore Moderator - The Mobile Nations/iMore Forum Rules
     iPhone5 on VZW;  iPad(2012) - wifi with BadElf for GPS
    "When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser." -- Socrates
    iMore Genius

iOS Version
    iOS 7.1 b5

I'm guessing that your friend set the display to a resolution that your tv doesn't support... like 1080p...
    Curmudgeon and Former Member/Participant
    iPhone 5S / iPad Mini Retina / 15" MacBook Pro Retina