Do you want a Project Glass from Apple?

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
Google showed off their heads-up eyeglasses computer today, Project Glass, and it makes for a great tech demo. I hope it comes to market and can do all this cool stuff.

Any thoughts on Apple working on something like this? Using Siri, of course? Would you want a pair of HUD glasses with Apple logos on them?

Check it out and give me your thoughts!

SockRolid

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I think I'll take the proverbial "wait and see" approach. Literally. I don't wear a bluetooth earpiece everywhere I go, the way some people do. And I think the heads-up display glasses will be the "new bluetooth earpiece." Worn by self-absorbed status-seekers talking loudly to nobody in particular. With the added danger of ultra-distracted driving.

I think Apple could eventually put Siri in all their internet-connected products from iPod to Mac. The fact that it doesn't necessarily need a GUI means that it could be used on devices without screens. And without glasses.

iDonev

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I hope people don't flame me too much for this, but the first image that came into my mind when I read the thread title was having a pair of Apple eyeglasses with iOS 3 style modal notifications :D

Now seriously, to answer the question - it's almost inevitable. I can't imagine us still using displays the way we do today in, let's say 10 years time. The eyeglasses seem to be the fist step in that direction and if Apple wants to keep their "coolness" factor, they pretty much have to do it.

Last edited:

bujin

May 15, 2009
Visit site
I'd rather see them utilize a Sixth Sense style technology and project a screen on any surface, rather than glasses.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Did anyone see that Futurama episode about the Eye-Phone?

[yt]thtp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EaHUpWuqNHY[/yt]

Last edited:

Totalimmortal363

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
Not in the slightest!

What makes Apple great is their unfailing dedication to their products. To start focusing resources to uselss projects will spread out that dedication.

No thanks, I like Apple the way they are.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner