How to restore 100% back to stock?

Wallace

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
Hi. I have a JB aTV (Black) running v4.4.4 and JB with Seas0npass.

I know if I want to restore I just connect it iTunes and restore that way, and I have previously done that. My question is even when I have restored this way, some JB file remain. I know that because when I re-JB and install some apps etc, their custom settings are still as before. If things were 100% wiped than that could not be the case.

Can I simply SSH into the aTV and delete all the folders, or will that really break the aTV?

Any advice will be appreciated. Thanks.

Wallace

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
I know it seems a bit OCD but it's just something I want to do. As far as I am concerned, if after a restore in iTunes, JB/config/app files remain then that is NOT a 100% restore.

In the PC world, I completely undertake a full install of Windows (what ever version I have installed at the time) every 12 months or so.Taking the PC back to format the HDD. This keeps the PC running sweet and removes all the dross.

I want to do that with the Apple TV. If it is not possible then I will accept that, but if it is possible, I would like to know how to do it.

Tanbam

Feb 11, 2012
Visit site
I wouldn't worry about it. This isn't a windows machine that really benefits from a good wiping once in a while. I'm pretty sure the garbage doesn't accumulate like a PC.

I haven't noticed the same thing with my device, though I don't have much more than XBMC installed. Every time I've restored, I've lost all of my settings.