Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    Gary86's Avatar
    iMore Specialist

    Posts
    1,045 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,240 Global Posts

    Default 2 apple TVs one house

    Can I have more than 1 Apple TV in my house or will it cause issues. I would name them different names within the settings so hopefully it won't confuse people. My wife and I never watch TV so we canceled cable and just use Nextflix for random movies and cartoons for our daughter.
  2. #2  

    Default

    Yes you can


    Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
  3. #3  
    Quintus's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    35 Posts
    Global Posts
    670 Global Posts

    Default

    No problems. Just make sure you lock each remote to ensure that nobody accidentally controls both devices at the same time. You can do this in the settings on the apple tv.
  4. Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  
    Gary86's Avatar
    iMore Specialist

    Posts
    1,045 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,240 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Quintus View Post
    No problems. Just make sure you lock each remote to ensure that nobody accidentally controls both devices at the same time. You can do this in the settings on the apple tv.
    Thanks

    Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk
  5. Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  
    Gary86's Avatar
    iMore Specialist

    Posts
    1,045 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,240 Global Posts

    Default

    How do I lock the remote? Didn't see it

    Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk
  6. #6  
    phinx404's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    164 Posts
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts

    Default

    yup! i have 3. one for each TV to stream me media for my daughter or for my wife and i
  7. #7  
    Fausty82's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    8,505 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,588 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gary86 View Post
    Can I have more than 1 Apple TV in my house or will it cause issues. I would name them different names within the settings so hopefully it won't confuse people. My wife and I never watch TV so we canceled cable and just use Nextflix for random movies and cartoons for our daughter.
    Indeed you can. I have 4 in my home and a Mac Mini to stream all the grandkids' movies to them. No more peanut butter encrusted DVDs and no fighting over what to watch.
  8. #8  
    Fausty82's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    8,505 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,588 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gary86 View Post
    How do I lock the remote? Didn't see it

    Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk
    Settings > General > Remotes > Pair Apple Remote

Posting Permissions