Please Help, Sharing

Ringfinger

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Okay, have it narrowed down to this:

Computer on 5 GHz, Apple tv on 5GHz. Both see the shared library, both work fine.

Change computer to 2.4GHz and Apple TV to 2.4 GHz, neither can see teh shared library.

On any frequency, the iPhone (which only works on 2.4 GHz) shows nothing. When I enable sharing on the Apple TV and go into the remote app, the Apple TV does not appear. When I add a new library, on 5.0 GHz the iPhone shows up on the PC, but when I type in the code, it gets stuck at verifying remote passcode. When PC on 2.4 GHz, it does not show up at all.

So, I have it narrowed down to the 2.4 GHz band, which is also what the iPhone operates on. Now anyone with suggestions?

Like I said, everything works on 5.0 GHz except the remote app. I use Zone Alarm for what it's worth.

Please help.

UnifiedTechs

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
You don't mention what wireless Access Point or Router you use but I am going to guess it is a higher end one and has network isolation turned on. This makes it so devices on one wireless segment can't see devices on other segments. It's used to segment public WiFi in hotels and such to limit the number of other devices you can see.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods