Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Intermediate

iOS Version

Default Starz Play

Does anyone know why Starz Play doesn't release HD movies to Netflix? I could be wrong about them not releasing any HD content at all, but seriously...why do they release most of their stuff in SD?
    Unibody Macbook Pro 2.26 - Lion - AT&T Black/Slate iPhone 5 16GB - ATV2 - Airport Express - Magic Mouse

Follow me on Twitter @andrewasmith
    iMore Genius

iOS Version
    iOS 7.1 b5

I'm guessing that you'd need to ask them that question...but you are correct - I don't recall seeing any/much HD stuff from Starz.
    Curmudgeon and Former Member/Participant
    iPhone 5S / iPad Mini Retina / 15" MacBook Pro Retina
    iPhone Intermediate

I wish they would, Their content always seems slightly more grainy than everything else.
     32gb iPhone 4  13" MacBook Pro 
  4. Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  
    iMore Intermediate

iOS Version

Yeah, Starz won't reply to any emails. They accept all emails as "feedback" and they tell everyone to not expect any email response. Also, couldn't find a number to call to just ask them.
    Unibody Macbook Pro 2.26 - Lion - AT&T Black/Slate iPhone 5 16GB - ATV2 - Airport Express - Magic Mouse

Follow me on Twitter @andrewasmith
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    113 Global Posts

Probably because Netflix becoming so successful. Plus Starz contract with Netflix is ending soon so their video will be pulled from Netflix anyway.
    iPhone Intermediate

Quote Originally Posted by natehoch96 View Post
    Plus Starz contract with Netflix is ending soon so their video will be pulled from Netflix anyway.
    That's not confirmed. Their contract expires early 2012. But they have not said if they will negotiate a new contract yet or not.
     32gb iPhone 4  13" MacBook Pro 
    iMore Elite

Global Posts
    3,373 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by andrewsmith View Post
    Does anyone know why Starz Play doesn't release HD movies to Netflix? I could be wrong about them not releasing any HD content at all, but seriously...why do they release most of their stuff in SD?
    They want you too buy the channel directly to see the best quality stuff.