Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Nanite

Default AirPlay 4.3

I just updated to 4.3 and went to CNN.com on my iPad. I selected a video (happened to select Simon Cowell interview) and clicked to stream it to my Apple TV, but I ONLY got audio streamed. The video continued to play on the iPad. Anyone else having this issue?
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    6,878 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6

What OS is your AppleTV running? just a quick question.
    can't upgrade via iTunes check this thread http://forum.tipb.com/jailbreak-unlo...ml#post1717460
    ~32GB Space Grey iPhone 5s(Audi)~32GB Space Grey rMini ~ 15" i7 SSD 16GB rMBP(Omega) on Mavericks~
    iPheuria aka The Jailbr3ak kid (soon to be retired)
  3. Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  
    iPhone Nanite

Default 4.3 ios

As stated in the original post; 4.3.
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    122 Global Posts

Yeah I thought I read somewhere you could airplay video from Safari also. I was not apple to get anything but sound. I was hoping to see more.
    iMore Intermediate

iOS Version

Wish I could use airplay on safari on my mac.
    Unibody Macbook Pro 2.26 - Lion - AT&T Black/Slate iPhone 5 16GB - ATV2 - Airport Express - Magic Mouse

Follow me on Twitter @andrewasmith
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    2,053 Global Posts

I lucked upon a way to play Hulu Plus from my iPad to my Apple TV. I can launch Flixster, start watching a trailer, hit the Home button, launch Hulu Plus and pick a show to watch and it plays on my Apple TV. This didn't work trying my Videos app first. So far it only works by launching Flixster, watching a trailer, then going to Hulu Plus. Seems to stay connected until I completely close Flixster or Hulu Plus.

Finally, a way to watch Hulu Plus on my Apple TV.

Both Apple TV and iPad are running iOS 4.3.
  7. Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  
    iPhone Nanite

Default Hulu+

I just tried this out! It worked like a charm! Thanks for sharing! I'm watching Hulu+ all the time on my iPad now I can display it on the 55" TV. :-)
    iPhone Newbie

Watch hulu find a way to "disable" it like they did to boxee.

Air Video, Vevo and of course YouTube works with the AirPlay. I'm sure more apps over time will be supported.
    iPhone Nanite

Quote Originally Posted by SC Apple User View Post
    I just updated to 4.3 and went to CNN.com on my iPad. I selected a video (happened to select Simon Cowell interview) and clicked to stream it to my Apple TV, but I ONLY got audio streamed. The video continued to play on the iPad. Anyone else having this issue?
    How were you able to access Airplay from within Safari? I don't see that option anywhere when playing video content...
    iPhone Intermediate

Quote Originally Posted by andrewsmith View Post
    Wish I could use airplay on safari on my mac.
    Man me too, I so hope this comes in OSX Lion.
    2 - AT&T iP4S 16gb | iPad WiFi 32gb | 13" Macbook Pro 2.4 | Black Macbook 2.16 | Apple TV2