AT2 VS New Apple Digital AV Adapter

spalten

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I am looking for suggestions / thoughts from everyone here.

I was about to get an Apple TV 2 but now with the new Apple Digital AV Adapter I am having second thoughts.

Since I got my iPad I have been converting video files to view on it. Now I am wishing I could watch them on my TV also when I am in the living room.

I am thinking that it will be easier and faster just to hook up this cable and plug in my ipad to to watch the videos on my tv.

Thoughts or comments on this idea? I know it is hard since this cable is not out yet.

Thanks for reading!

Laughing Man

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I think that would depend on whether you want to use your iPad while playing videos on your TV. Since you wouldn't be able to do both at the same time.

SailingMan

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I am looking for suggestions / thoughts from everyone here.

I was about to get an Apple TV 2 but now with the new Apple Digital AV Adapter I am having second thoughts.

Since I got my iPad I have been converting video files to view on it. Now I am wishing I could watch them on my TV also when I am in the living room.

I am thinking that it will be easier and faster just to hook up this cable and plug in my ipad to to watch the videos on my tv.

Thoughts or comments on this idea? I know it is hard since this cable is not out yet.

Thanks for reading!

I have the Digital AV Adapter, however only one HDMI input on my Sony TV. So, had to buy a Switch ($42.00) "2 in 1 out" w/ remote control to connect the switcher to my TV and Comcast DVR. Also had to buy 20 HDMI foot cable for $80, plus another 3 foot HDMI cable ($20) to connect. Get the picture. All this from Radio Shack.

Now I'm reviewing whether Apple TV would be a better arrangement because of no cable. Although in what I've done I can use NETFLIX for just the $7.99/month. I will still need the Switch if I go with Apple TV.

Also I had to turn off the audio on my Bose System and turn on the Speakers on the Sony TV which is fine.

I'm open to thoughts about the long run. I just coil the cable when I put it away and use the remote on the switch to change between DVR and iPad.

takeshi

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
...and AppleTV is limited by the apps that support output to it. The digital adapter has limits as well but I can output a lot more content to my TV via the digital adapter than via the AppleTV.

Mella

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I can output a lot more content to my TV via the digital adapter than via the AppleTV. --- seems the digital adapter wins, but actually the Apple TV can support many outputs, even can stream hulu videos to it.
To the op, maybe you have already get an Apple TV 2? anyways, you can learn some more info about the Apple TV: AppleTV 2 - AwkwardTV

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW