Apple TV 2 XBMC streaming question...

Crunch

Sep 17, 2008
Visit site
Hey everyone! I finally upgraded to an Apple TV 2 and I must say it's super nice and how gorgeous is that little black box? It always has to be pretty with Apple. Love it.

I also jailbroke it and installed XBMC. iTunes streaming works great and transcoding movies so as to stream them over iTunes works great as well. However, I am still not getting the streaming content in unsupported codecs and container formats. That's what XBMC is all about, isn't it? I have cable modem for internet and use a Time Capsule to create wireless networks. The stuff I want to stream is on my WDC NAS (network attached storage) device which is connected to my 2010 iMac by way of FireWire 800. The NAS does not have WiFi, in case that's important. I also have XBMC installed on my iMac, which, if I inferred some research I did correctly, is not even necessary, but would it help anyway?

My iMac is always ON, 24/7 and my WiFi network is a 5GHz 802.11n w/ 40MHz channels. Is it that the ATV2 only supports 2.4GHz and/or 20MHz channels?

Thanks very much for your help! I feel like I'm right there, missing maybe one or two pieces of information. ;-)

morgantm89

Jan 25, 2010
Visit site
Hmm you might have more luck over on the iOS forum on XBMC's site, some experts over there. I'm running mine off a window computer (eek) using the SMB share function. Works pretty good

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner