Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Beginner

94 Posts
    Global Posts
    697 Global Posts

Unhappy Losing Sound

Ive had this happen everytime I use my appletv. I'll either be watching a netflix movie or purchase a movie from Itunes and 30 mins into it... the sound goes off.. and I have to put the appletv in sleepmode in order to get the sound back....

Anyone having this issue?
    iPhone Beginner

85 Posts
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts

Yea... Sometimes if I exit out of Netflix when it happens it stops, or pause then rewind a little or sometimes i have to put it to sleep for a minute... meh at least you're not the only one!
    iMore Guru

1,592 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,823 Global Posts

Using 4.3 and it still happens. Also goes out of sync sometimes. Only noticed in Netflix so far bur I don't rent a lot. Pausing or rewinding often fixes it.
    iMore Intermediate

176 Posts

Had the same thing happen to me on Netflix and MP4 movies. It'll be going along smoothly then for about 5-10 seconds the audio will cut out then fix itself (often in the important parts of a movie haha). I just rewind a few seconds and the audio is always there. Not sure why it does this...does it whether the ATV is jailbroken or not. Experienced it both ways personally.