Video taken on iPhone

masimo72

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Why do you not get the option to watch video you have taken on the phone on apple tv like you get with any other video you have put on the phone

Slyfi

TiPb Forum Staff
Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
The videos stored on your phone are already compressed, videos taken are still in HD so it wont let you view it because it would take nearly forever to send to your tv at 1.98/ mbs (average wifi speed).

IOS 4.3 (currently in beta) has settings that will allow you to do this by first routing it through your computer to be compressed but it is still sluggish.

you can fix it for now by syncing your phone with iTunes, than all your video will be viewable over apple tv

shinbone

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
The videos stored on your phone are already compressed, videos taken are still in HD so it wont let you view it because it would take nearly forever to send to your tv at 1.98/ mbs (average wifi speed).

IOS 4.3 (currently in beta) has settings that will allow you to do this by first routing it through your computer to be compressed but it is still sluggish.

you can fix it for now by syncing your phone with iTunes, than all your video will be viewable over apple tv

Hi Slyfi . . .
I'm a new owner of ATV and will have my ViP4 in a few weeks ..

Question: If I take a video with my iPhone and simply sync it on iTunes, those videos will automatically be accesible on the my ATV? Theres nothing more I need to do other than sync it? (ie: place/move the video file onto another tab within iTunes etc....) On the ATV, will the videos have an "iPhone videos" tab (or something similar)? Thats pretty cool if it works that way. Learning something new everyday. Can't wait to get my ViP4 !

gerwen

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
Question: If I take a video with my iPhone and simply sync it on iTunes, those videos will automatically be accesible on the my ATV? Theres nothing more I need to do other than sync it?

In my experience, no. On windows at least, iTunes doesn't automatically copy pictures or video off of the iPhone. You will have to manually open up the iPhone in explorer, and copy your pics and vids to your computer, and/or iTunes.

shinbone

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
In my experience, no. On windows at least, iTunes doesn't automatically copy pictures or video off of the iPhone. You will have to manually open up the iPhone in explorer, and copy your pics and vids to your computer, and/or iTunes.

That kinda sucks . . . I'm using windows 7. Seems like you should be able to "sync" or "transfer" photos and videos from iPhone to a computer folder within iTunes.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2