Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Nanite

3 Posts
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts

Default Help with WiFi issue

Hi everyone,

I am new here, but hopefully I will be welcomed with open arms!

I recently purchased an Apple TV for my bedroom. Everything was working fine for a while (connected via Wifi, accessing itunes videos/movies/TV/music, netflix streaming), but then.......something happened.

All of a sudden, the ATV doesn't see any network's available (not my regular network, my guest network, or any of the other one's in the neighborhood). I've isolated this to being an ATV problem based on the fact that my Blackberry, Ipad, Macbook, Wii, and my wife's iphone are all still connecting to the wireless network without any problems.

I've gone to a wired connection for the ATV and everything works just fine. I would like to go back to wireless - so any ideas/assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for any help this post brings.

iMore Genius

7,265 Posts
    Global Posts
    7,332 Global Posts

It's always to do a reset when things like this happen. I would say turn off your router and any devices that connect to your ATV. Then power off your ATV and then power the router back on then the ATV. Then your devices and see if the ATV can see your network.