Apple TV question

pogeypre

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
What has been your experience with the new Apple TV? Has it been worth it to be able to share media across devices, or do you find that to be a novelty?

I just don't want to buy this and have it be like the Nintendo Wii. You know, the Wii, right? The white slim box that sits on your shelf with an inch of dust?

Yeah... will purchasing Apple TV be a Wii moment?

Mark511

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
I don't have a Wii or a blu ray player so for me the Apple Tv gets a lot of use streaming movies from Netflix but the main reason I bought it was for viewing photos and homemade movies for which it does do an outstanding job!! I would recommend having a wireless N+ router and N Wireless card in your computer if that is how you are going to connect it.

Also forgot to mention the ability to stream my music library from my computer or directly from my iphone using airplay, sounds great on my sound system. I use that alot.

Last edited:

Mark511

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Netflix looks good to me now, I have a 720p TV but in two days my 1080p will be here but I'm still expecting the same quality. For $99.00 it's a good buy. My family and I viewed pictured from eight years ago they haven't seen yet and I put some music on and played a slide show. it's worth it.

Reactions: pogeypre

Mella

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
go ahead and get one, now with the AirPlay, an easy way to stream digital media from the iPad to an Apple TV. And the Apple TV can already access iTunes, watch movies and videos are on the go~~

emtal233

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
I got my Apple TV about two weeks ago and I love it. I also own a PS3 so I was originally streaming Netflix from it and now all I do is stream through the Apple TV. Also Airplay for me from my MBP and iPhone 4 are cool. The one thing about the Apple TV is that it's quite portable you can take it anywhere. I really have not noticed really any difference in picture quality between my 32" 1080p or a 60" maybe its just me.

Bill McNeal

Apr 23, 2009
Visit site
I have an ATV and I love it. It's my favorite netflix player in the house, the quality is very good on that, and I've been ripping my Blu-Rays to my computer and loading them up in iTunes to watch over ATV.

I picked up the first three seasons of Mad Men on Blu Ray for $10 / each, ripped them to my computer and used Metax to do the tags on it I love it. It may not be 1080p but it looks fantastic on my 46" TV

xxjokerxx

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
I have an ATV and I love it. It's my favorite netflix player in the house, the quality is very good on that, and I've been ripping my Blu-Rays to my computer and loading them up in iTunes to watch over ATV.

I picked up the first three seasons of Mad Men on Blu Ray for $10 / each, ripped them to my computer and used Metax to do the tags on it I love it. It may not be 1080p but it looks fantastic on my 46" TV

This is off topic but what do you use to rip blu rays?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2