How do I watch videos on my Apple TV? Help!

Mark511

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
I just got my new Apple TV yesterday and everything is working great, I can view my photos and play my music through my network. However I cant' find a way to play my videos I made on my iphone 4. I have videos in the photo folders but the Apple Tv will only show the photos and not the videos. The videos are stored on the same hard drive as my photo library and itunes are.

I'm using a wireless network with a PC running windows 7. Can apple tv play those videos or will that be a future update?

anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,

Mark511

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Forget it I figured it out. You have to go to File in itunes and click on add file to Library and then choose your videos you want to add and they show up under the Movie tab.

Mark511

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
I also wished that itunes would allow user defined subfolders for home videos. all the home movies just go under "unknown genres" But hey for $99.00 it does everything I want as far as being able to view photos and videos on the big screen!

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
You can create a new genre... edit the movie data - go to GET INFO and just type "home movies" or "kid's school play" or whatever in the genre box... iTunes will then use that to categorize your videos appropriately... and AppleTV will also show that as a movie category...

Reactions: Mark511

Mark511

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
You can create a new genre... edit the movie data - go to GET INFO and just type "home movies" or "kid's school play" or whatever in the genre box... iTunes will then use that to categorize your videos appropriately... and AppleTV will also show that as a movie category...

Thanks that's exactly what I was looking for.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods