ATV/JB? Then what?

longshadows

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
Okay, the Greenpois0n team have given us the ability to jb our new AppleTVs. So, now what do we do with them?

Where are the ATV apps, the CydiaTV store, the leadership to take this to a whole new level? ;)

I know, ATV is not as attractive (or prolific) as the iP#'s of this world, but the possibilities are enormous. New and previously unaccessible media (Hulu, Boxee to name a few), foreign programming (BBC iPlayer), View video off the iPad/iPhone that the Apple video cable doesn't support, VPN subscriptions to provide alternative IP addresses to access foreign television programming. Lots of other possibilities for entertainment.

Come on all you cleaver techie folk! Let's see what you can come up with.

Thanks.

MAGNUS

Feb 19, 2010
Visit site
Ability to stream from nas would be worth the $99 price tag along... A NAS with built in iTunes server I mean.

HaPi76

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
Could it be possible to set up a lightweight iTunes client (app) on the ATV (? la iPhone iPad) to access the NAS?
How about a "TotalAir" app turning the ATV into a external display for all iDevices?

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
The OEM menus look so sparse this thing is just cryin out to do so much more. I want widgets, push my game to it, I know I can control it like in the Remote app.

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
As said before, the ability to play .AVI and other video files would be sweet, converting is time consuming and it's very annoying. I'd also love for Safari, or a functional web browser in general. :)

cjvitek

Jul 5, 2008
Visit site
Ability to stream from nas would be worth the $99 price tag along... A NAS with built in iTunes server I mean.

This would be great!

I have a MyBook World Edition with an iTunes server. Presumably the Apple TV would need a "version" of iTunes or something running on it, but it would make more sense. Why go server -> computer -> Apple TV if you can just go server -> Apple TV.

Chris

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods