Remote for AppleTV

longshadows

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
Are there other iPhone app "remote" options for Apple TV, other than the "Remote" app, which really only controls the Mac and network connections? I thought I'd read someplace that there was a WiFi based full remote for ATV, that would do just about anything the little hand-held remote did. I can't find it. Anybody know about this?

Thanks.

rliebert

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
The Remote app from apple does exactly what you are wanting, you just have to set it up for your Apple TV. If you go to settings on your aTV, there is an option to set up computer. Once you do that, the aTV should show up on your Remote app. Sorry for the lack of detail in my response, but I set it up on my iPhone on Friday and I don't have a photographic memory. Basically, it's there, you just have to dig around a little bit and find it.

Newliberty26

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
You need to turn on home sharing on your computer and Apple TV. Then turn on home sharing on the remote app. Once you sign in, the app looks for devices that are on and connected to wifi. So, if your computer is on, it finds it. If your Apple TV is on, it finds it. Once you have it set up it's GREAT!!!!

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711