Apple TV (2010) give away!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rj335

Jan 25, 2010
Visit site
Because ATV 1 is EOL

My original ATV is dead - well not dead, just no longer supported. Still sad. So sad.

And Netflix never came to it... Allow me to pour out some of my 40 for this fallen homie.

mrlang

Jun 11, 2008
Visit site
I gotta win this. It's the number 1 item on my Christmas list. If I win one, I can tell Santa I'm good and to bring my kids something extra!

Watchful

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
I need one because I LOVE Apple products, and the Apple TV would be cool to have! I can move my Mac Mini currently serving as my media center into my office and stream content from it to the Apple TV.

And then there's Netflix!

Yeah, I definitely need an Apple TV!

riptatermen

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
If it were a DVR I would be all over it, 'cause Tivos have this habit of crashing and taking five minutes to reboot, and I'm tired of getting replacements that still suck. As it is, I would dearly love to get $100 Steve Bucks, but I wouldn't spend them on the apple tv. Doesn't do anything I can't already do.

samha75

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
I would LOVE an Apple TV because our 2 year old twins love watching Angelina the Ballerina on Netflix. Plus, I need to have all iOS devices and AppleTV is one iOS device I don't have yet... =)

iphone4idiots

Sep 22, 2009
Visit site
I want it because I love all Apple gadgets. I have 4 and 6 year olds so it would come in handy. Plus, I have an original Apple TV. It is the only Apple product I regret buying. Would love to see how much better Apple has made this product, but don't think I'll buy one given my experience with the original.

fournwoof

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
So here is the deal. As most of us TiPb readers did, I heard about a possible new Apple TV a few couple of months before the actual release. In preparation, I sold my 40GB first generation Apple TV on eBay for approximately $120. Not bad right? Obviously the person who purchase my Apple TV did not do their homework and had no idea of a possible new Apple TV. Sure enough, the day after it is announced I get an email from PayPal requesting a refund because supposedly my Apple TV was not working as described (supposedly the hard drive is dead. This is after he left positive feedback on eBay by the way...) Naturally I denied the request for a refund because it is obvious that the buyer wants his money back to buy the newer, cheaper Apple TV. The situation was escalated to the higher-ups at PayPal and I just learned the other day that they ruled in his favor.

So not only do I have to refund the $120 but I am going to receive a broken Apple TV which previously was working perfectly. Boo-hoo I know.

That is whey I want Apple TV 2.0. Pick me, Pick me.

Thanks.

emresumengen

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
Hey TiPB, thanks for the opportunity :)

I want one, because;
- It's beautiful
- It's the latest Apple
- It's what my TV deck needs
and
noone else have it here :)

pcivill

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
Newuser

I joined up to get a shot at this contest, but have enjoyed the i-blog feeds for years, thanks! I want Apple TV for Netflix. Thank you!

Mar 30, 2010
Visit site
Apple TV

I really would like to have this for my son to stream everything to my Tv for him. He is homeschooled because he has severe food allergies and can not go to a public school. This way all my iOS devices could stream content for him while he's home. Also our family is pro Apple for life!!!

Kainz15

Apr 13, 2009
Visit site
It's allllll about the air play for me. I'm so looking forward to that feature along with the .99 TV rentals. I need to keep updated with my shows when I'm out and about. Please make this mine! :)

itsyours2

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Can one have to many 'i's?

I've got an iPhone 4, iPad, iPod, iPad keyboard and stand....I could REALLY use the iTV too! And cancel cable service! So I need it for the savings!

Waffles#IM

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
AppleTV 2!

I have the previous generation AppleTV, and while I loved it, it was also plagued with issues. Performance and content flexibility were severely lacking. Today's current revision has much improved performance, and the potential for flexibility with jailbreaking or perhaps even apple sanctioned 3rd party apps at some point in the future make this device a promising and exciting upgrade!

jaimex99

Jul 3, 2008
Visit site
I want an Apple TV because it's tiny and powerful. Something so small should not be able to do so much! Besides, I want everyone to know I'm hip like that, with the latest Apple products.

gwhite

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
Honestly...so I can move the xBox to another room and still get Netflix in the living room and therefore actually get to watch something besides my son playing xBox all the time!!!! So, in essence.....for SANITY! :)

schmegs

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
AirPlay & iTunes content

I'd like an AppleTV for AirPlay and to stream some iTunes videos... Also, it'll be nice to have when Apple enables the App store for it (fingers crossed!) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.