Apple TV (2010) give away!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
Because I've never successfully surprised my husband (he's impossible) and he won't shut up about how bad he wants an Apple TV. I would be awesome if I surprised him with one!

dhshockey3

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
I want to be able to show off all the rental and netflix power to all the apple fanboys I've created in my dorm! Not to mention the safari capabilities when it gets jailbroken!

Bildy

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
Definitely for Netflix at first, but I have a sneaking suspicion that a jailbroken Apple TV is going to tweak the creativity of all kinds of developers. I'm wishing for external USB HDD support (that microUSB port is just begging for it!), that will solve the storage issue. Then all kinds of apps just for the TV interface (not touch driven). I'm betting things will get impressive enough that Apple will take notice and officially allow development of Apple TV, then it's all good!!

Skibum173

Jun 30, 2009
Visit site
If I had one, I could finally have my Mac mini back from the kids, I could put this on the other TV and my kids can watch movies while I browse TiPB's forums and news articles!

ojoel10

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
I would like it because of Netflix and i am tired of using my PS3 for movies. I would like to just watch it from a dedicated movie device and not a game system.

kuengphotog

Feb 5, 2010
Visit site
I would love to have an Apple TV for the AirPlay capabilities. NetFlix streaming is also something I've looked at so I can drop the movie packages from my U-verse subscription. Thanks for another great give-away opportunity.

realchaseadams

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
How else could I share?

If I win,

I'm going to give it to someone who doesn't have anything Apple. Just so they'll stop being lame...and join us in universal techno-domination.

mikewilson623

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
The question is, why wouldn't I want it?

Okay, so besides "Rene says that I should have it." The streaming video function of Netflix is one of the most compelling reasons as I already stream it to other devices in my home and on my person. Also, even the thought that I might be able to jailbreak and use in conjuction with my iPhone 4 makes me feal a little fuzzy inside. In closing, I know that my kids (4 of them) would be better served by a device that allows only content that is approved by me (or mrs. me) rather than the mind numbing "one size fits all" content that is currently available.

Jawcl

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
I would like to have an Apple TV for Netflix and Hulu Plus (if it comes) streaming. Also, the whole thing will be awesome when the jailbreak comes out :D

RFMagician

May 27, 2009
Visit site
I want one not only because of the features it will provide me, but also to stick it to Sony. I have a Sony Blu-Ray player that can do HD Netflix streaming, but only if you buy their Wifi adaptor...which costs $70! Here I was thinking only Microsoft had the balls to charge $70 for a little $10 Wifi adaptor, but Sony proved me wrong. I figure I might as well spend the extra $30 and get the new Apple TV which will give me lots of other functionality on top of Netflix, as well as allow me to use my iPad/iPhone to control it instead of having yet another remote on my coffee table.

Plus it'll be nice to have yet another A4 processor in my house :D

cacdusty

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
I want to be able to stream my iTunes purchased seasons of The Office. May also use the Netflix, although I already have Wii and blu-ray player for Netflix.

safesolvent

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Apple TV

i'm extremely interested in Apple TV for the same reason you are Rene, i want to have it at all my family member's and close friend's houses to make MY life easier when i go there to share content :)

hbernritter

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
I need this for A LOT of reasons!!
1st. For my son who loves watching Wall-E and the TMNT Movies and they are digital copies only so with this I can add it to the network and play it on the tv for him saving his eyes from ipod degredation.
2nd. For myself and my g/f so we can catch up on all our 10pm shows we can't stay up for because we are too tired from chasing kids around at night and working during the day.
3rd. I can't afford it right now and possibly not until next year sometime.
4th. It would just be AWESOME to have this, then all that would be left to get for my apple transformation would be an iPad and an iMac

Status
Not open for further replies.