Questions for new Apple TV owners

newguy7

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I just had a few questions to ask if you wouln't mind answering:

1) Does the streaming depend on the processor of your computer? For example when I stream from my PC to the PS3 it's pretty smooth but when I stream from my laptop to the PS3 it's pretty damn slow.

Actually....that was my only question.

Thanks!

bryan#IM

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Is it a requirement to attach the optical audio cable along with the HDMI for audio support? or the does the HDMI covers it all? cuz as far as i know HDMI supports all right?

thanks

rliebert

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
Is it a requirement to attach the optical audio cable along with the HDMI for audio support? or the does the HDMI covers it all? cuz as far as i know HDMI supports all right?

thanks

HDMI does support both video and audio. The optical audio is for those that wish to connect the aTV to their stereo receiver instead of listening through their tv speakers.

mperkel

Aug 20, 2009
Visit site
yep

My set up is like this:

HDMI to TV
Optical Audio to Stereo
TV Optical to Stereo

If I want to see Apple TV, I turn on my TV and sound goes the normal route.

If I just want to play music, I find a song on my iPhone/Laptop and AirPlay, I switch the stereo receiver to the other optical, no waste of power leaving the tv on.

Both works!

Studio15

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
Anyone have an optical audio to normal phono audio converter that they would recommend? I have a great audio amp but it doesn't have optical input. I would like to avoid having to have the tv on if I just want to listen to music.

kevmiami#IM

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
Good news/bad news - Bad news is every kind of tos/HDMI to analog RCA converter/cable I can find is about $60+/-shipping. Good news is Amazon sells Onkyo receivers for 5.1 to 7.2 $220 to 379 that should produce pretty good sound. I've been using a 2-channel Onkyo for years; good quality for the price, but same - only RCA in.

Wish I could get the Netflix to work, keeps telling me can't reach server and when I go to the Netflix website, it tells me I need an activation code from the device. Have to call....Cheers, Kevin.

HaPi76

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
@kevmiami: "Good news/bad news - Bad news is every kind of tos/HDMI to analog RCA converter/cable I can find is about $60+/-shipping."
Additional question: do they play nice with HDCP content?
P.S: anyone know who won last month's Apple TV giveaway?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner