All my close family are getting Apple TV for Xmas

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
I'm getting my parents, my siblings, and a couple of close friends Apple TV for Xmas. I keep so much content on my MacBook and iPad that the idea I can just go over there and easily stream or AirPlay some video right to their TV is... intoxicating.

Head on over to my mom's and flip on Helvetica. Drive over to my sisters and stream Iron Man 2. Babysit my little god-children and keep them entertained with Teen Titans Go. The possibilities are endless.

Heck AirPlay for web video will be distraction and family buffer enough alone to more than justify the purchase price.

I shall never be bored, and they shall never be culturally out of the loop, again.

Can't wait.

Slyfi

TiPb Forum Staff
Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
sounds like a good plan! i remember you were talking about it on the podcast but i hadn't considered the full uses till i read this. i know what my parents are getting now.

Kyle Thomas

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
I'll take one, too! lol

I don't know if my parents would actually use it though? I'd like to think they would but I just don't know. But can you go wrong for $100? I think Apple nailed it on the head with that price point.

Robert Waldroup

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
I like the enthusiasm! How will apple TV compare to competitors such as Roku? What exactly will be the differences, other than that apple will have better design and usability?

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
I'm in Canada. Many folks might not realize this, but few companies offer products like these internationally, and even when they do, beyond Apple few have the rights to offer any content for them.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner