Streaming Live TV on your Apple TV

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Folks,

On your Apple TV, or other set top box, OR smart TV, you can access live streaming TV channels (legally, I WON'T even get in to Kodi and gray area addons, use Google) now, and "cut the cord". The iMore editors have written a great blog details the most popular of these services. It's WELL worth checking out if you have or want to stop paying the cable, satellite or phone company for your "triple play"

Best Streaming TV Services For Cord Cutters | iMore

Carjackd

Trusted Member
Dec 4, 2013
Visit site
Folks,

On your Apple TV, or other set top box, OR smart TV, you can access live streaming TV channels (legally, I WON'T even get in to Kodi and gray area addons, use Google) now, and "cut the cord". The iMore editors have written a great blog details the most popular of these services. It's WELL worth checking out if you have or want to stop paying the cable, satellite or phone company for your "triple play"

Best Streaming TV Services For Cord Cutters | iMore
It still needs a lot of work before I cut the cord but iptv has come a long way

wilber1

Trusted Member
May 13, 2013
Visit site
I just got my feet wet with Roku and Netflix there is a ton of stuff to watch on Netflix and crystal clear and great sound it will take a bit before I cut the cable but it is nice to actually have something to watch instead of a large bill and 800 channels with not much on them .

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Well, we're currently trying DirecTV Now. Signed up for 3 months and got a 4K Apple TV. So far it looks to have all the networks and shows that we currently watch on cable tv but is only $35 a month. The only downside I see so far is they only allow two simultaneous streams, and were a house of four.

Was also looking at YouTube TV as it's also $35 a month.....for now. Looks like it's going up to $40 starting March 13th. But if you sign up now (as a new user) you'll get it for $35.