Apple TV 4 want list

Harry Wild

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Better happen this year- 2015! It been over two years and it getting old hardware wise and feature wise too!

Many more players in this marketplace now too!

Apple cannot afford to keep on delaying when Amazon and Google are now in this market with their own hardware.

mgcsooner

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Like to see following--Ok much can't be done in next release, but Apple needs greater vision to move the device further along regardless on cable and content providers current limitations.

Management Services:
Able to do set up from Siri and or Mac directly, so current or near current simple remote stays​
Simple single sign on for each service subscription. Ability to automate logon once set​
Simple single sign on for each service subscription. Ability to automate logon once set​

Connectivity:
Able to connect to local servers and network storage devices to play local content, and devices with USB ports​
Able to connect and read local MP4 formatted video as well as MAC formatted content​
MAC video server network compatible with Apple TV​

UI
ONE Interactive Guide for all subscribed services​
Auto tune or set series of watch in order shows​
DVR service app to manage MAC video server above​

Technology/Marketing Features: Expansion of ecosystem
Maintain low cost per unit to acquire, expand​
Capable of whole home entertainment, control or link multiple room devices​
Save Customer money over ridiculous monthly DVR and TV Outlet costs​
Add connectivity to home telephone wiring: Offer internet phone/FAX/service​
Add connectivity to home multifunction printer services​
Tightly integrate to IOS for remote away management​

Use as front door to home automation
Connect to and manage local home video and alarm security system​
Connect to and manage video doorbell, etc​
[Connect to and manage other home productions: Appliances, Lighting, HVAC, sprinklers, etc​

Last edited by a moderator:
Feb 7, 2015
Visit site
A better remote and UI are also top of the list for me. I feel the remote could have just a bit more.
Still better than most TV remotes where you spend 5 mins squinting at the buttons.... :p

anon(7808135)

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
Actually, instead of having an Apple TV, just make it to where you have software that links directly to your TV so you don't need to buy an Apple TV. Then make an Apple TV software subscription that cost like $20 a year. Apple would then make almost 100% profit. It'd be an app

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Unified search would be so awesome. I hate not having that feature when I search for movies.

Another thing that would be cool for the next-gen would be if it had a built in antenna for the regular over-the-air channels on the television itself.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner